Monday, August 30, 2010

Note to self

This is a note to myself and a note to you to remind me to write about the following before I get swamped with school stuff starting Wednesday:

1.)  My first welcome not-a-barbecue party.
2.)  First time going to Kumamoto with the other Amakusa JETs (by car)
3.) First time going to Kumamoto without the other Amakusa JETs... (by car + train)
4.)  Meeting the mayor of Amakusa city and the other Amaksua JETs that I hadn't met before
5.) Going bowling with the people in the branch office where my BOE (board of education) is located.
6.) Going to my first 二次会 at a 'snack bar'  (warning: not anything like snack bar at Sharples)


To me, some of these events feel significant, yet are hard to make sound exciting.  I will/have to find a way to write about them before I start writing new entries about what is happening right now!

Oh, and here are a few photos I took after a rain storm on sunday in the near by park.  Bad idea, as a second rain storm soon followed and I got caught in it while going down a mountain to the neighboring village.  It was probably one of the worst storms I've ever encountered in terms of ferocity of rain and thunder.

I think I saw scuba divers on that beach down there.
This rock is famous. Don't ask me why.
That tiny rock on the right is the famous younger sibling of the other famous rock.

3 comments:

  1. I am learning so much about Japan. Famous rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, clear skies. Undermines your credibility in your whole "worst storms I've ever encountered" story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The storm was behind me; I swear!

    ReplyDelete